“I fell in love with the amazing outdoors and adventures here and stayed.”
- BACKGROUND: After spending 8 years as an Air Force police officer serving at Ellsworth AFB, I migrated to the Hills in 2004. I fell in love with the amazing outdoors and adventures here and stayed. I transitioned into business management and technology sales and services after the Air Force. I grew up with technology and I love learning how it all works together. Technology has been a rapidly booming and evolving part of our lives. I enjoy helping others understand it and making their devices work simply for them.
- EXPERIENCE: I worked up the ranks through Office Depot. I started as the Technology Department manager and worked all the way up to Store Manager. I left to manage TekNetCorp, then started my own computer repair business in December 2017. I love the ability to be able to come to work everyday working with our local businesses and residential customers helping them to make their technology work well for them.
“I enjoy helping people sort through all of today’s technology to better understand it.”
- BACKGROUND & EXPERIENCE: In 1972, I started working on computers when the first PCs started showing up in the industry. I got involved with networking together PCs with Novell and MS Windows for Workgroups. I also set up SCO Unix and Linux systems for multi-user systems. I even did some programming for point of sale systems in the early days. I have been and IT Systems Engineer for 47+ years and have seen many changes and advancements. I have been involved in the early days of dial-up access to the advancement of the high-speed internet of today. Who knows, the cable companies of the past may be only media streaming and internet providers of the future. I enjoy helping people sort through all of today’s technology to better understand it, how to keep home and businesses safe, and also to take advantage of today’s new technologies to enrich themselves and their productivity.
Personal: Born and raised in the beautiful Black Hills. I am very passionate about solving problems and helping people. I also have a love for the outdoors and anything fitness related. I have an awesome and supportive family which includes my wife and two amazing daughters.
“I am very passionate about solving problems and helping people.”
- Background: I have lived in Rapid for 33 years. Nothing beats our outdoor recreations so close at hand. My passion for fitness and anything outdoors combined with two crazy high energy girls makes this place a perfect fit for our family. I grew up like most people from my generation; by the time we were 16 Napster and AOL were all the rage and most of us knew enough to get by. I became intrigued by how computers worked and what the internet could evolve into so much that I decided to make it a career. After countless friends and family members had me on speed dial as their own personal tech support, I decided that I wanted to be tech support for as many people as possible.
- Professional: Having 8 years trained technical experience and scholastic background in IT has provided me with an ever-growing appreciation and fascination with computers and business networking. I started my technical training as a call center technician troubleshooting internet connection issues and was able to advance quickly in the field. I advanced into a field technician installing and implementing computers as well as troubleshooting issues. After completing my Associates degree in networking and security with Dakota State University I was able to train as a Network Administrator for awhile. I am now able to continue learning and show off my talent as I move forward with TelNetPc.
Personal: My mother was born in Milbank, SD and I grew up in Illinois. I married and raised four children there and have 12 grandchildren who live in Illinois and Wisconsin. Two great grandchildren live in Missouri. My hobbies include creating silk flower arrangements and holiday decorations. Since relocating to the Rapid City area in 2013, walking, sight-seeing and day trips have also become hobbies.
“I enjoy walking, sight-seeing, and day trips.”
- Background & Experience: I will celebrate 50 years in retail in June of 2019. Most recently, before joining the TelNetPc team part time, I served as Technology Supervisor and then Customer Experience Manager for Office Depot, right here in Rapid City. Prior to moving to the area, I was a Store Manager for RadioShack in Illinois, then in California for nine years as an Area Manager and Sales Team Trainer. During the 1980s, I also served as a Church Office Manager and coordinated the volunteer effort to create the database for the church’s 150 years of birth, death and marriage records.